Our program provides free temporary housing to cancer/ transplant patients, caregivers, and donors while receiving lifesaving treatment. Any patient, pediatric or adult, who lives at least 30 miles away from his/her treatment facility is eligible to apply. The Bone Marrow & Cancer Foundation is not liable for any guest’s health condition, individual’s safety, or personal belongings. Transportation and other associated costs are not provided.
The Bone Marrow & Cancer Foundation’s Patient Coordinators will help to locate a housing accommodation that is geographically close to the patient’s treatment center.
A patient and caregiver may have a maximum medical stays of two weeks, however, an extended stay could be accommodated if medically necessary. Please note, the patient may have to move to a different home.
Statement of needs
We encourage the referrer to be specific of the needs of the patients as much as possible. When necessary, feel free to attach an additional page.
- Must live at least 30 miles from treatment center.
- Must be seeking or receiving active cancer treatment.
- Must have a permanent home to return to after treatment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult who is a guardian/caregiver.
- Must be able to care for oneself unless staying with a caregiver.
- Requests for a medical stays must be made by the treatment facility’s social worker, nurse, or physician.
- Annual household income should be less than $75,000.
- Referrer, on behalf of patient, may submit the application by mail, or email.
- Applicant’s current IRS Form 1040 is required.
Applicant will be notified of eligibility 2 weeks from the date of application received by the Bone Marrow & Cancer Foundation
The Bone Marrow & Cancer Foundation reserves the right to deviate from these Guidelines on a case-by-case basis when special circumstances arise.
By downloading, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Guidelines.